|
||||
Dec 27 2006, 04:57 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Zero brand loyalty ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 645 Joined: 22-January 04 From: Merryland Member No.: 145 |
(IMG:http://www.sr20forum.com/gallery/data/500/redcamaro_002.gif)
Hole in front of the MAF ... some kind of sensor, but what's it called? Mine has somehow ended up missing in its journeys. Pat |
|
|
|
![]() |
Dec 27 2006, 05:57 PM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 438 Joined: 1-January 04 From: BOS Member No.: 85 |
Did you or the previous owner have a high-flow lid? If so, the IAT sensor was probably left inside of that when it was taken off. Good news is that it's an inexpensive part, under $20 IIRC, you should be able to source locally. The empty plug you see in the foreground is where it connects....
|
|
|
|
Dec 27 2006, 06:13 PM
Post
#3
|
|
|
Zero brand loyalty ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 645 Joined: 22-January 04 From: Merryland Member No.: 145 |
Did you or the previous owner have a high-flow lid? I think it was left off just as an oversight when the engine was replaced, oh, almost two years ago (hasn't really seen much time on the road since I've had the car -- long story). I'm about to finally get it registered and whatnot and decided that it might need that thingie. I actually noticed the wiring before the hole in the intake. I was trying to figure out where the plug went to and had to look at another LS1 car to figure out something was missing from mine! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I is smart. Pat |
|
|
|
patred LS1 peeps, what goes here? Dec 27 2006, 04:57 PM
BigEnos I have an LT1 (as you know), but I think that... Dec 27 2006, 05:07 PM
Glenn98ZM6 that it - IAT sensor. Dec 27 2006, 05:12 PM
NataSS Inc Ummmm, yeah.....you might want to get that replace... Dec 27 2006, 05:34 PM
trackbird As the car ages, the rubber seal becomes much less... Dec 27 2006, 06:20 PM
Stang Killer Without that sensor I belive you automaticly go in... Dec 28 2006, 02:49 AM
CamaroFS34 I wonder if an IAT from an LT1 would work there...... Dec 28 2006, 06:54 AM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 8th October 2026 - 06:35 AM |