IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceUMI PerformanceHotpart.com
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Frrax Facebook?, Should we have one?
SuperMacGuy
post May 20 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #21

Experienced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 462

Its the natural progression - as more cars are beat/ raced/ retired/ left for scrap, the more the decent ones increase in price as demand goes up relative to supply. Me personally, I'd rather pay for an older lighter car than a new 6th gen Camaro with all the unnecessary electronics and poor visibility. And no T Tops. Easier to fix. But I'm a semi-luddite. Some day I too will say 'hell with all this tinkering' and get a new Corvette and still whoop ass at autocross, because $$$ spent.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 20 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #22

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (SuperMacGuy @ May 20 2016, 12:31 PM) *
Its the natural progression - as more cars are beat/ raced/ retired/ left for scrap, the more the decent ones increase in price as demand goes up relative to supply. Me personally, I'd rather pay for an older lighter car than a new 6th gen Camaro with all the unnecessary electronics and poor visibility. And no T Tops. Easier to fix. But I'm a semi-luddite. Some day I too will say 'hell with all this tinkering' and get a new Corvette and still whoop ass at autocross, because $$$ spent.

That's exactly my issue with the new car....and I don't fit in it. I'm 5'11" tall and wear a 32" inseam. So I'm not super tall and I don't have super tall torso. But I rub my head on the roof of a new SS with a sunroof. I think I might be ok in one without the sunroof. But not by much. As much as I've tried to convince myself to buy a new one....I just can't seem to do it. So....I've found another 4th gen for now.

+Quote Post
KCG
post May 21 2016, 11:00 AM
Post #23

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 223,768

When I first started reading this thread I thought, hey this might be the final straw to push me to FB. I hope to be starting AX this year driving my own car more often instead of co-driving. I could probably use some immediate feedback during events. Not sure that's what the OP had in mind, and I know there's not going to be someone hanging on the edge of there seat to answer me right away, but still, seemed like a more immediate response type of idea rather than waiting till evening to get home, settled down, chickens fed, hogs slopped, etc... before I would post here. Yes, I'm old and if I don't ask something right away, I'll probably forget the exact situation hours later.
That said, I've been seriously thinking of joining so I could see specific groups and manufactures sites. Seems more and more info is going there instead of their websites. Don't know that for sure.
Just my .02

This post has been edited by KCG: May 22 2016, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 04:55 PM