> The new to me 2002 Z28 (convertible)
GCrites80s
post Today, 02:12 AM
Post #421

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 223,855

QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ Jan 15 2018, 09:37 AM) *
I really wonder how many are truly synthetic, since the feed stock for just about any carbon-based product is oil, or oil byproducts. Once any oil gets out of the refinery, I suspect that all of it could be labeled 'synthetic'. Kind of surprised they don't label the oil as 'organic'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I bought organic white lithium grease for use when greasing the laser rails of video game systems at work. The store was out of regular white lithium grease and only had the organic. Organic in this context meaning made from plant matter rather than minerals. It was cheap too -- I guess since it had no real lithium.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Today, 02:40 AM
Post #422

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (mikedamageinc @ Jan 15 2018, 07:44 PM) *
QUOTE (trackbird @ Jan 12 2018, 06:17 PM) *
If you lift the rear wheels off the ground, do the rear wheels spin when you have the car in gear and the clutch depressed? I'm trying to determine if your clutch is dragging.

So it is easier to just take a video, I can hear the clutch disc but I'm not sure if that is normal, never tried this test before.

https://youtu.be/xKfzDukRGQ0

It might need the clutch bled or it could be the beginning of hydraulic issues, though those usually happen pretty quickly and things go south in a hurry.

+Quote Post
mikedamageinc
post Today, 12:34 PM
Post #423

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,551

QUOTE (trackbird @ Jan 15 2018, 09:40 PM) *
It might need the clutch bled or it could be the beginning of hydraulic issues, though those usually happen pretty quickly and things go south in a hurry.

I just bled it recently and the fluid was pretty clean. The master is a Luk, slave the latest AC Delco version and both are only a couple years old.

Should that noise not be there when the wheels turn?

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 09:12 PM