Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: .30 thrust angle...
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Steve91T
I guess the control arm relocation brackets threw it off. Can anything be done to correct it? How much is it going to effect handling?
Shortcutsleeping
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Mar 10 2016, 12:17 PM) *
I guess the control arm relocation brackets threw it off. Can anything be done to correct it? How much is it going to effect handling?

Install adjustable lower control arms if you must have it at 0. (actually you can just install one if it is not needing a lot of correction and you're on stock rubbers)

I'd simply align the front toe to match the rear (eliminating thrust angle) and it'll be fine.

Now, if it was off by a good bit then maybe go back to the rear and see what you can massage, but .3 aint a lot.

Think about it. This is one third of one degree. This is a damn tiny amount.

Costas
cars and such...
Steve91T
Ok I'm not going to worry about it then. The guy who aligned the car had me worried. Of course he did say "yeah that's a lot...its 30 degrees!" Haha.

I ended up with zero toe, 4.5 caster and -2.0 camber. I'll see how it feels at the track tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.