Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hey guys, how about a tire/wheel section?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
matt f
I think this is another important component of rr/ax that deserves it's own section.
rmackintosh
I agree....someday I will cut loose the CHEAP ZR1 BOULDERS that are on my car because of cost, and buy a $2000 set of lightweight racing wheels.... smile.gif

On the other hand, if I keep finding broken stuff, I won't even race this year... rolleyes.gif

There are some of you out there with nice wheels....would really like to hear about the Bogarts, CCW's, etc. and how they worked, what sizes were used etc.

cool.gif
ESPCamaro
For now, I think it would be OK to place wheel questions in the forum you are going to be using those wheels in. Both the RR and AX section get plenty of traffic.

I think the next section should probably be a chassis section. To discuss rollbar/cage construction SFC, STB etc.
robz71lm7
I'd just be careful not to get too specialized with individual forums, because you can kill traffic that way.
Chris 96 WS6
QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ Feb 19 2004, 02:30 PM)
I'd just be careful not to get too specialized with individual forums, because you can kill traffic that way.

Agreed, but our member base has grown a bunch. I would like to see a chassis forum next, if everyone thinks its needed at this point.
pknowles
I agree that I like the forums just the way they are; I hate boards that divide into a lot of sub-topics, you end up scanning for a few threads each day and can't remember where they where posted. I like keeping it general, so you don't get a lot of cross-over between area's of interest.
trackbird
QUOTE (Chris 96 WS6 @ Feb 20 2004, 09:59 AM)

Agreed, but our member base has grown a bunch. I would like to see a chassis forum next, if everyone thinks its needed at this point.

I figured that was "lumped in" with suspension. Chassis and set up and such.
Absolut Speed
QUOTE (trackbird @ Feb 23 2004, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Chris 96 WS6 @ Feb 20 2004, 09:59 AM)

I figured that was "lumped in" with suspension. Chassis and set up and such.

I'm with Trackbird on this.
Chris 96 WS6
Well yeah, originally that was my idea, chassis and suspension together in that one forum. Perhaps I just need to revise the name to reflect that.
trackbird
That is a good idea.
ESPCamaro
I think that, at this point, this idea holds much more merit.
We could add all the V710 threads, pinned pressure threads, and then all the tire/wheel questions could go here.
sgarnett
IMHO, traffic dilution is bad. Until there's so much traffic that "bump", "ttt", etc becomes regularly necessary to keep a thread from getting quickly buried, I'd rather see fewer but more dynamic forums.
trackbird
I'm still a little bit afraid to split traffic down at this point. I fear having 36 forums with 2 posts in each. Ok, not quite, but you get the idea. I do think a Wheel and Tire forum is on the list of "next forums", but I think it may be a little soon to do so. However, if enough people support it, I'll build it and we'll try it out.

As I said, I hope to follow Chris in listening to you guys. Anyone want to start a poll on it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.